April 17, 2013

Interview with Danny Upton from NUGFX

Today, we are kicking off a new blog series, Work at Home Wednesday that will highlight entrepreneurs that work from home. In this inaugural post, Danny Upton from +NUGFX has graciously agreed to be interviewed.


Name: Danny Upton Company: NUGFX
Website: http://www.nugfx.com    Blog:  http://www.nugfx.com/blog/

Please tell us about your business:   NUGFX is a Creative Website and Graphic Design company based in Liverpool, UK. We offer clients with a professional and friendly website and graphic design service at the best affordable price. We provide clients with; Graphic Design, Logo Design, Responsive Website Design, Business Cards, Menu Design, Poster Design, Leaflets, Flyers and Compliment Slips. NUGFX has been trading since 2011.

How long have you been working from home?   2 years

Do you work from home full time or part time?   Part time

How do you stay connected with colleagues in your field?   I stay in touch with creative minds by Facebook and Twitter and more recently G+. There is also a creative community in Liverpool called Kin2Kin were creative companies/individuals go to a monthly network meeting and catch up.

How do you deal with the isolating nature of working from home? I don't find it isolated at all, I really enjoy working from home, the one thing I can say I do badly is I cannot break home life from work life as I seem to work almost 16 hours.

But sometimes when I do feel a bit lonely I just take my tablet with me to the cafe/bistro and have a relaxing time working and every now and then have the social chat with people in the cafe/bistro.  

How do you stay motivated without the accountability of a "time clock"?   When I lose some motivation I usually watch a film, go for a run to clear my mind, cook dinner as I find cooking really relaxing.

When I mean cooking I don't mean sticking a microwave meal in the oven, I do it from scratch as since a very young age I have HAD to learn how to cook as my family is Italian.  Or I will have a quick nap.

What are the biggest challenges you face when working from home?  Trying to come across as a "real" business as most of the businesses in my field have an office/studio, I do have a virtual office I have just acquired but at the beginning I found that to be my major stumbling block.

Do you work in your underwear?   Sometimes

What is the best part about working from home?   The kitchen is about 3 foot away from me as I'm always hungry :) And when its nighttime I can get a lot of work done from the silence.

What is the one item that you find vital to have in your home office?   I have a few items i would say are vital,my laptop, tablet, PC, printer. But without the internet I couldn't be a business so I would say the internet is my most vital tool!

What is the one piece of advice that you can give to those just starting out working from home?  The one piece of advice I would give is when you are low in motivation TAKE A BREAK! It can make you ill constantly worrying.

Continue the conversation...
Google Plus +NUGFX Twitter     Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nugfx 


If you are an entrepreneur that works form home and would like to be highlighted in an interview, please submit your information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Podcasts

Listen to internet radio with Solutions for Success with Rachael on BlogTalkRadio